It’s the summer! How do I know this? I’m currently sweating whilst not moving a muscle and just sitting in my car for 5 minutes makes my blood literally boil – I have no air con, arrrgh! Anyway I was saying, It’s the summer! Everyone wants to glow, we want to be tanned and look healthy and gorgeous and natural, and ideally like we’ve just stepped off the beach at St Tropez (beach body and all)! I thought I’d put together a post of all my favourite products to give you a gorgeous glow, whether it’s just to highlight, or a full body glow, check these little beauties out!
1. Benefit High Beam / Moon Beam. This is the perfect liquid highlighter for adding emphasis to any part of your face (or body for that matter) I like to dab a spot on my cheekbones, under my eyebrows, a thin line down my nose and a spot on my cupids bow, and blend. This has a lovely light sparkle and catches the light perfectly. I’ve always used High Beam, which is slightly pinkish, but if you have an olive complexion you should definitely try Moon Beam with has more of an apricot tone.
2. . I’m so in love with this palette, it is on the pricey side at £56 but I have no regrets at all. You get three gorgeous shades to highlight, illuminate and make your skin look like it’s glowing from within. Seriously these powders are like magic! You know when someone just looks really well and healthy and you can’t quite put your finger on what it is? That’s what this palette does! Magic!!
3. . This is a gorgeous rose gold cream highlighter with a high metallic finish. This highlighter is a lovely light cream formula that’s really well pigmented and easy to blend into the skin. If you’re a fan of cream products I’d definitely recommend this.
4. . This is a brand new addition to my makeup bag and I love it! This highlighting powder is a true gold colour with a high shimmer finish, match it perfectly with you Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder for all you need to highlight and contour like a pro!
5. . This is a handy little product for after you’ve tanned. If you want a bit of extra shimmer and dimension to your look after tanning, just rub this into your skin to add some sparkle, it’s perfect for a night out!
6. Laura Mercier Bronzing Gel. This is another new addition to my makeup bag which I bought this from Space NK in the recent sale. I’m glad I nabbed it up quick for £15.50, as it’s now gone back up to full price which is £26.00! Anyway I’m so glad I bought this, again I’d seen good reviews but never purchased due to the price. It really is worth it’s weight in gold though! This is basically a bronzing body gel, there is a pinkish tint to the gel-cream which creates a lovely warm tan colour, and it has a fine shimmer finish. You just cover your body in it wherever you want to be tanned and shimmery and you instantly turn into a bronzed goddess! (It also washes off too which is really handy.)
I’ve included some swatches below so you can see what the products look like compared to one another…
First is the powder products, I’ve added one picture in normal light and one in sunlight so you can see the sparkles!
And next up are the creams, gels and liquids –
So there you have it! I’d love to hear if you have any of these products? And what your favourite product is to glow this summer? xxx