I hope you’re having a wonderful bank holiday? I haven’t been up to much as yet, but we’re off to Legoland tomorrow for Fred’s birthday, and I’m so excited! It’s a surprise and he has no idea about it. I can’t wait to see his little face when we arrive! 🙂
So today I have the gorgeous Marc Jacobs Splash collection of fragrances to share with you. The 2016 Splash collection contains four previously released fragrances which due to popular demand, have been re-designed and re-released as limited editions this year. The collection includes four gender-free fragrances – Rain and Cotton from 2006, Cucumber from 2007 and Pear from 2008, which come presented in simple chic square glass bottles, and as a collection, perfectly captures the essence of summer.
Inspired by the original Marc Jacobs’ Splash Collection, the four favorites recapture the essence of summer. Crisp to the senses, yet mellow in color, each Splash indulges in the simple pleasures of the easy-going, light hearted spirit of Marc Jacobs.
Starting with Pear Splash – this is a deliciously fresh and juicy pear scent, but not as sweet as you might expect. This is very much a gender-free fragrance, though it definitely captures the essence of summer, the inclusion of teak and musk prevents it from being too sweet and feminine.
- Top notes: Pear, Lemon and Bergamot.
- Heart notes: Juniper, Gin and Freesia.
- Base notes: Teak, Amber and Musk.
Next we have Rain Splash – this is probably my favourite out of the collection. Rain Splash is a beautifully clean, fresh and revitalising scent, conveying the smell of fresh rain, grass and flowers on a bright summers day. Again this is neither masculine nor feminine, but suitable for everyone and anyone that loves a clean and fresh scent.
- Top notes: Wet Cut Grass, Wild Strawberry, Clementine, and Cypress.
- Heart notes: Tropical Rain, Passion Flower, Sunflower and White Orchid.
- Base notes: Amber, Moss, Teak and Musk.
And Cotton Splash – described as the scent of freshness and purity, this fragrance is reminiscent of freshly washed and sun-dried cotton laundry. It’s a clean yet comforting scent capturing the ease and simplicity of summer in a bottle.
- Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Orange, Peach and Aquatic Accord.
- Heart notes: Lavender, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley and Cotton Flower.
- Base notes: White Suede, Blonde Woods, Musk and Sandalwood.
And lastly, Cucumber Splash – this is a wonderfully light and refreshing scent of freesia and cucumber. This is definitely another favourite of mine, this fragrance perfectly captures the juicy, watery essence of cucumber, giving a beautifully clean, crisp and fresh scent.
- Top notes: Cucumber, Lotus Leaf, Bamboo and Cactus Flower.
- Heart notes: Lily of the Valley, Linden Blossom, Freesia and Blue Tiger Lily.
- Base notes: Frosted Musk and Blonde Woods.
I really can’t get enough of these fragrances at the moment, they’re all just so fresh and easy to wear on a day to day basis – and they’re very affordable too at only £38.00 for 100ml – I highly recommend you check these out!
The Marc Jacobs Splash Collection of fragrances are £38.00 each and available now from .
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples